Find a roofer in Sturbridge, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this can really stall the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Sturbridge, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Sturbridge
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Sturbridge, MA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Sturbridge, MA. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.