Find a roofer in Stoughton, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire house. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Stoughton, MA. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this can really delay the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Stoughton, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Stoughton
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Stoughton, MA
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Stoughton, MA, then our platform is the answer. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell when you need a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and requires attention at once. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.