Find a roofer in Stoneham, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Stoneham, MassachusettsRoofing // Massachusetts // Stoneham
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
At which point should I consider getting a roof inspection done?
Most roofers advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What should I anticipate to pay a roofer for a roof replacement?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Generally, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
What costs are associated with repairing a roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major do require specialized knowledge and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
During which season should I book an appointment for my roofing project?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a great time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time for services.
Many roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Stoneham, MA
If you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in Stoneham, MA, there's no better way to go about it. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the experience you need for the job at hand. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy way to find the right professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our app.