Find a roofer in Springfield, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Springfield, MassachusettsRoofing // Massachusetts // Springfield
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is a good season for roofing jobs?
Despite what season it is, you can call a roofer for roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a roofer. This is why waiting until winter could be an easier time to call a roofer.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the average cost per square foot for roof maintenance services?
Roofing services can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Of course, the cost per square foot will differ with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What is the normal duration for a roof rebuild?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Springfield, MA. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really postpone the job. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional can come up with the hours for the job.
When is inspecting my roof required?
The majority of roofers recommend twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Springfield, MA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in Springfield, MA. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to help. With our easy-to-use app, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Springfield, MA. Find the perfect contractor for your property today.