Find a roofer in Springfield, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Massachusetts // Springfield
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When is the ideal season for roofing services?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a common time for roofing services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be an easier time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the typical cost per square foot that roofers charge?
Services for your roof can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the roofing products and the labor. Of course, how expensive it will be will differ depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What's the timeframe for a roofer to build a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this can really delay the job. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
What is the recommended timing for booking a roof inspection?
Most roofing contractors advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not having a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Springfield, MA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Springfield, MA. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to help. With our powerful platform, you can get the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Springfield, MA. Find the perfect contractor for your home right away.