Find a roofer in South Dennis, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near South Dennis, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // South Dennis
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near South Dennis, Massachusetts
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in South Dennis, Massachusetts. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy option to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our platform.