Find a roofer in South Dartmouth, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a common time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be an easier time for services.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire house. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near South Dartmouth, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // South Dartmouth
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in South Dartmouth, MA
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in South Dartmouth, MA. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, so you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and hire the best candidate for the job.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.