Find a roofer in South Chatham, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in South Chatham, Massachusetts. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this can really stall the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Generally, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near South Chatham, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // South Chatham
Roofing Maintenance Companies near South Chatham, Massachusetts
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in South Chatham, Massachusetts. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient option to find the right companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.