Find a roofer in Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Shrewsbury, Massachusetts. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Shrewsbury, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Shrewsbury
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing maintenance companies in Shrewsbury, Massachusetts. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, book an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Hire someone who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.