Find a roofer in Shirley, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Shirley, MassachusettsRoofing // Massachusetts // Shirley
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the estimated time needed for constructing a replacement roof?
The time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Shirley, MA. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
When is inspecting my roof needed?
The majority of roofing professionals advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections since routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
How do roofing professionals normally price their services for a replacement?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
What is the expected expenditure to fix my roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should contact an expert.
Any repairs that are major do require the attention of a roofer and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Shirley, MA
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Shirley, MA, then our platform is the answer. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the experience you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to help. With our streamlined app, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Shirley, MA. Find the right contractor for your property now.