Find a roofer in Scituate, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Massachusetts // Scituate
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the approximate time needed for building a new roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this can really stall the project. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer can come up with a timeline for the project.
At which point should I think about getting a roof inspection done?
The majority of roofing professionals suggest biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not getting an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
How much does a roofing contractor charge for replacement?
It’s difficult to come up with a precise amount on how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will determine the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
What is the approximate price range for fixing a roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major do require the attention of a roofer and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Scituate, MA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Scituate, MA. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Find someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.