Find a roofer in Sandwich, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to stall the project. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Sandwich, MA
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Sandwich, MA, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing contractors you'll discover on our site have the experience you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our app also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient option to hire the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.