Find a roofer in Salem, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the best time for roofing jobs?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a good time for roofing services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why winter could be an easier time to schedule.
A lot of roofers are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
What is the common price per square foot that roofers charge?
Roofing services can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, the overall cost will differ depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What is the typical duration for a roof rebuild?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Salem, Massachusetts. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this can really delay the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer can come up with a timeline for the job.
What is a good time for booking a roof inspection?
Many roofers advise getting biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Salem, Massachusetts
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in Salem, Massachusetts. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and needs attention at once. An established roof repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy solution to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our app.