Find a roofer in Sagamore, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in Sagamore, Massachusetts. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Sagamore, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Sagamore
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Sagamore, Massachusetts
When you need roofing maintenance services in Sagamore, Massachusetts, there's no easier way to find them. The roofing experts you'll discover on our site have the skills and experience you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
Our app also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy option to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our app.