Find a roofer in Rowley, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Rowley, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Rowley
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Rowley, Massachusetts
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Rowley, Massachusetts. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.