Find a roofer in Rockland, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Rockland, Massachusetts. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Rockland, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Rockland
Roofing Maintenance Services near Rockland, Massachusetts
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in Rockland, Massachusetts. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient option to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our app.