Find a roofer in Plympton, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Plympton, MA. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Plympton, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Plympton
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Plympton, MA
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Plympton, MA. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and hire the best professional for the job.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient option to hire the right professionals for roofing maintenance services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our app.