Find a roofer in Plymouth, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Plymouth, Massachusetts
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Plymouth, Massachusetts. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free option to find the right contractors for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.