Find a roofer in Orleans, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Massachusetts // Orleans
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
Which is the perfect season to get your roof serviced?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a good time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This means that waiting until winter could be an easier time to book.
A lot of roofers are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
How much should I anticipate to pay per square foot for a roofer's services?
Services for your roof can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the materials being used and the labor. Of course, how expensive it will be will vary with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
How long does it typically take to restore a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really stall the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing specialist can come up with a timeline for the job.
What is the correct time to request an inspection for my roof?
The majority of roofers advise getting biannual roof inspections since routine inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not having an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Orleans, MA
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Orleans, MA, there's no easier way to find them. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for your project. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free option to find the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.