Find a roofer in Onset, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this can really delay the job. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Onset, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Onset
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Onset, MA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing maintenance companies in Onset, MA. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to help. With our user-friendly platform, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Onset, MA. Find the perfect contractor for your home right away.