Find a roofer in Oakham, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Oakham, MassachusettsRoofing // Massachusetts // Oakham
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How do roofers generally price labor for a replacement?
It’s challenging to come up with a precise amount on how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will establish the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
What is the expected rate to fix my roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should contact a roofer.
Major repairs call for the attention of a professional and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
What is the usual rate roofers charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the materials being used and the labor. Of course, how expensive it will be will differ depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
How long does it take to get a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Oakham, Massachusetts. Storms will put a damper on work and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Oakham, Massachusetts
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Oakham, Massachusetts. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient option to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our platform.