Find a roofer in Northborough, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Northborough, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Northborough
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Northborough, MA
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Northborough, MA. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free solution to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.