Find a roofer in North Weymouth, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in North Weymouth, Massachusetts. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to stall the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near North Weymouth, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // North Weymouth
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in North Weymouth, Massachusetts
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in North Weymouth, Massachusetts. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.