Find a roofer in North Truro, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get in touch with a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a great time for a replacement, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be an easier time to book.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near North Truro, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // North Truro
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near North Truro, MA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in North Truro, MA. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy way to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our app.