Find a roofer in North Dartmouth, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to delay the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near North Dartmouth, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // North Dartmouth
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in North Dartmouth, MA
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in North Dartmouth, MA, then our platform is the answer. The roofing companies you'll discover on our site have the skills and experience you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's essential to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy option to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our platform.