Find a roofer in Norfolk, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a good time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be an easier time to schedule.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such an essential part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Norfolk, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Norfolk
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Norfolk, MA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Norfolk, MA. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to assist. With our powerful app, you can get the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Norfolk, MA. Find the right contractor for your home now.