Find a roofer in Newton Upper Falls, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important component of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Newton Upper Falls, Massachusetts. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Newton Upper Falls, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Newton Upper Falls
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Newton Upper Falls, Massachusetts
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in Newton Upper Falls, Massachusetts. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, book a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy solution to hire the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.