Find a roofer in Newton Center, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Newton Center, MassachusettsRoofing // Massachusetts // Newton Center
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the approximate time needed for constructing a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this can really delay the project. If a storm is supposed to happen during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
When is the best time to get a roof inspection?
The majority of roofers advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not having an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What is the typical cost of replacement services from a roofing contractor?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
What is the expected rate to fix my roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should reach out to a professional.
Any repairs that are major call for specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Newton Center, MA
You can count on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Newton Center, MA. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, so you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and find the right candidate for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient way to find the best contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.