Find a roofer in Newbury, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your home. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a great job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Newbury, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Newbury
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Newbury, Massachusetts
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you find roofing maintenance companies in Newbury, Massachusetts. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient way to find the best professionals for roofing maintenance services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.