Find a roofer in Medford, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several things that will determine the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Medford, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Medford
Roofing Maintenance Services in Medford, MA
When you need roofing maintenance services in Medford, MA, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the experience you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Routine repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy solution to hire the right contractors for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.