Find a roofer in Medfield, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Massachusetts // Medfield
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When is inspecting my roof required?
Many roofing professionals advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not having an inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What is the standard cost charged by roofers for a replacement project?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
What rate can be expected for roof repair services?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a roofing contractor.
Major repairs call for the attention of a professional and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
At which time of the year should I book roofing services?
Despite what season it is, you can get in touch with a roofer for roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be an easier time to book.
Many roofers are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Medfield, MA
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Medfield, MA. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, which means you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the right candidate for your project.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free option to find the right companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our app.