Find a roofer in Mattapan, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this can really stall the project. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Mattapan, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Mattapan
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Mattapan, MA
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Mattapan, MA. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and hire the best candidate for your project.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see that some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Mattapan, MA. Get the roofing services you need for your home right away.