Find a roofer in Mashpee, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Mashpee, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Mashpee
Roofing Maintenance Services near Mashpee, Massachusetts
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in Mashpee, Massachusetts. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How do you know when you need a professional, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
No one should deal with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to help. With our powerful platform, you can get the best roofing maintenance services in Mashpee, Massachusetts. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your house today.