Find a roofer in Manchester, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Manchester, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Manchester
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Manchester, Massachusetts
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Manchester, Massachusetts, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free solution to find the right contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our app.