Find a roofer in Lynn, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Lynn, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Lynn
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Lynn, MA
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Lynn, MA, there's no better way to go about it. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you notice a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy solution to hire the best companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our platform.