Find a roofer in Lunenburg, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to postpone the job. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a great job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Lunenburg, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Lunenburg
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Lunenburg, MA
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Lunenburg, MA. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention at once. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.