Find a roofer in Lowell, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can contact a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be an easier time for an appointment.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Lowell, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Lowell
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Lowell, Massachusetts
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in Lowell, Massachusetts. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy option to hire the best contractors for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our platform.