Find a roofer in Longmeadow, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be a better time for an appointment.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Longmeadow, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Longmeadow
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Longmeadow, MA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance contractors in Longmeadow, MA. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many professional roofers available to help. With our user-friendly platform, you can find the finest roofing maintenance services in Longmeadow, MA. Find the perfect contractor for your house right away.