Find a roofer in Lincoln, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Lincoln, MA. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Lincoln, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Lincoln
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Lincoln, MA
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Lincoln, MA. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for your project.
It's crucial to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy solution to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.