Find a roofer in Lexington, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Lexington, MassachusettsRoofing // Massachusetts // Lexington
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When during the year is ideal for a roof project?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a good time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time to book.
A lot of roofers are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
What is the typical price roofers charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Of course, the overall cost will differ with the products that are being used for the job.
What's the estimated time needed for constructing a new roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in Lexington, MA. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
At what moment should I think about having an inspection done for my roof?
The majority of roofing contractors suggest biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Lexington, MA
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Lexington, MA. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and hire the right candidate for your project.
It's important to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other things to take into account:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy way to hire the best professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our app.