Find a roofer in Lexington, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Lexington, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Lexington
Roofing Maintenance Services near Lexington, MA
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Lexington, MA. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, so you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy option to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our platform.