Find a roofer in Leeds, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Leeds, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Leeds
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Leeds, Massachusetts
When you need roofing maintenance services in Leeds, Massachusetts, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing professionals you'll discover on our site have the knowledge and qualifications you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient solution to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our app.