Find a roofer in Lawrence, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Lawrence, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Lawrence
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Lawrence, Massachusetts
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Lawrence, Massachusetts. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for the job.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient solution to hire the best professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our platform.