Find a roofer in Huntington, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Huntington, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Huntington
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Huntington, Massachusetts
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Huntington, Massachusetts. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.