Find a roofer in Housatonic, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Housatonic, MA. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Housatonic, MA
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Housatonic, MA. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and hire the right professional for your project.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy way to hire the best contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.