Find a roofer in Holland, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Holland, MassachusettsRoofing // Massachusetts // Holland
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the standard price charged by roofing contractors for a roof replacement project?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
What costs are related to repairing a roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should contact an expert.
Any repairs that are major do require the attention of a professional and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
What is the typical rate roofers charge per square foot?
Roofing services can cost around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Of course, the overall cost will change depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What is the typical period of time to replace a roof?
The time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Holland, Massachusetts
You can rely on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Holland, Massachusetts. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, which means you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for the job.
Our site also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient solution to find the best companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.