Find a roofer in Hinsdale, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a more convenient time for services.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire property. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Hinsdale, MA
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor in Hinsdale, MA, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the knowledge and qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy way to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.