Find a roofer in Harwich, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Harwich, Massachusetts. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Harwich, MassachusettsHome // Massachusetts // Harwich
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Harwich, Massachusetts
When you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Harwich, Massachusetts, there's no easier way to find them. The roofing professionals featured on our site have the experience you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to assist. With our powerful app, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Harwich, Massachusetts. Find the right contractor for your home right away.