Find a roofer in Harwich Port, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your property. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this can really stall the job. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Harwich Port, MA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Harwich Port, MA. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and needs attention immediately. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
No one should deal with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to help. With our streamlined platform, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Harwich Port, MA. Find the right contractor for your property right away.