Find a roofer in Harvard, Massachusetts
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Massachusetts // Harvard
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What time of year is best for a roof project?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be a better time for services.
Many roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
What is the normal rate roofing experts charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will change with the products that are being used for your project.
How long does it typically take for a roofing contractor to build a new roof?
The time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing professional can estimate the hours for the job.
What is a good time for booking a roof inspection?
Many roofers advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not getting an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Harvard, MA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Harvard, MA. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our site also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. An established roof repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.